Cabin

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Breaks in the weather

Finding breaks in the weather and using what free time I can find with the short daylight hours I have managed to get the sheathing up on the roof, tar paper down, another couple windows in and a partial wall going. I need to start ripping pallets apart so I can get going on siding and drying the really nice ones for the floor. I am still not sure if I want more windows in the right wall or just make it uniform with the left wall. The right side gets the most sun and thinking that might be good for more windows, and well I do love windows! I need to figure out how much metal roofing I need and hope that Hurricane Sandy does not hit us hard in this area as I would really hate to see any damage on my 10x10. I would prefer to get it built first to see what types of weather it can handle. I am making use of the scrap wood that has been hanging around for some time here, along with other construction materials from other projects. Feels good to put them to use instead of seeing them sit in a corner, or head to a landfill. I really want to get the roof done so I can mount my solar panels!







No comments: